The ELCON System is on average most likely to be more cost effective than traditional indigenous forms of construction for the following reasons:
- The ELCON System is more akin to a manufacturing / production line system and therefore requires less skilled manpower per unit constructed than by traditional methods.
- The early enclosure of the structure means it is less affected by the weather.
- The speed of the system reduces unnecessary expenditure caused by delay.
- Further, quicker completions lead to quicker sales and income, therefore finance costs involved are substantially reduced.
- The system obviates the need for wet trades, principally wall renders and plaster, reducing the cost of the finishing trades.
- The incorporation of electrical conduiting reduces the cost of electrical installation.
- The requirement for fitting out works to match the speed of erection of the structures means that bulk purchasing has to be made thereby creating an opportunity for discount purchase.
- Reduced waste due to the mechanization process and the exact sitting of service locations, apertures etc